TOP PRIVATE EVENT VENUES IN DALLAS
Private events make an indelible impression on guests. They create a sense of community, philanthropy, celebration, appreciation, or inspiration, depending on the occasion. If you want to increase your organization’s morale, connections, or revenue, there’s no better way to do it than by hosting a private event. The top private event venues in Dallas are also the perfect place to mark a personal milestone.
An invitation to a private event makes guests feel valued. In addition, private events increase brand recognition and customer and employee retention. But planning private events requires expertise. Partner with special occasion experts like CN Catering to ensure the event is a success. Here’s how to host an event that serves your mission and impresses your guests.
THE FIRST STEPS TO PLANNING A PRIVATE EVENT IN DALLAS?
DECIDE ON YOUR BUDGET
It’s tempting to start with the fun stuff, such as the décor, menu, and venue. But resist that urge. Establish your budget first, so you can distribute the funds wisely. When planning corporate events, there’s often a predetermined budget with no wiggle room.
A budget will help determine the ideal time, day, and season to host your event. Hors d’oeuvres on a Tuesday and a formal dinner on a Saturday require different budgets. Choose a venue that offers several options so you can maximize your funds. Create a spreadsheet to itemize your spending, then enjoy distributing the funds where they’ll make the most impact.
Leave a little room in the budget for unexpected expenses. If you work with CN Catering, you can avoid those unpleasant surprises and spend the remaining funds on a fun surprise instead! This could be party favors, up-lighting, door prizes, or fresh flowers on each table. A little reserve funding will prevent stress and impress those who funded your event, so they’ll want to hire you again.
YOUR GUEST LIST AND HEADCOUNT
Wouldn’t it be nice to have an exact headcount before planning your event? Of course, that’s unlikely. Estimate your headcount and choose a venue that will work well for both the smallest and largest number you might have in attendance.
Create a guest list of everyone that could be invited. Run your guest list by the necessary stakeholders (a boss, HR department, friends, etc.) to see if you’ve forgotten anyone. It’s easier to trim a list down than add people you overlooked after booking a space for a certain capacity. Here are categories of invitees to consider:
- Associates: For a corporate event, start with customers and peers in the industry that you’d like to network with. A private event is a great opportunity to show them what you’re about.
- Friends: Friends aren’t just fun to have at events, they’re also helpful. Good friends can be counted on to engage with a guest who doesn’t know anyone or a boss you’re trying to impress. Include them in charity, philanthropy, and fundraising events.
- Colleagues: Colleagues are important guests at most private events. Whether it’s a team-building event, a celebration, or a networking event, co-workers add valuable conversation and intel.
- Community: Community members appreciate an invitation to a private community event. It introduces them to neighbors and enables networking and social connections. Include the community in fundraising and philanthropic events. By providing them with an event to attend, you’re giving back to them, rather than just seeking contributions.
CHOOSE YOUR VENUE FROM THE TOP PRIVATE EVENT VENUES IN DALLAS
Your venue choice will make the biggest impression on your guests. As such, it’s worth waiting for the right one. Establish your budget and guest list first, so you know which venues can accommodate you. Here are four of the top private event venues in Dallas known for exceptional service:
THE ROOM ON MAIN
An award-winning private event venue, The Room on Main is renowned for flawless special events. With ample parking, outdoor space, and 6,000 square feet, it’s an impressive location for any occasion. The ballroom holds up to 320 guests and can also facilitate smaller groups. Its grand windows, twinkling chandeliers, and stunning wood floors offer a touch of historical elegance, perfect for a celebration or fundraising event. It’s an exquisite backdrop for any theme. In-house catering at The Room on Main simplifies the process of planning your private event.
THE HALL ON DRAGON
Located in Dallas’ Design District, The Hall on Dragon is one of the most coveted spaces to host a private event. It’s a structural work of art, lending a contemporary feel to any important event. Stylistically, it’s a marvel to behold and has an impressive guest capacity. At 15,000 square feet, it can house 500 guests or be divided to host parties of 150. The Hall on Dragon has in-house catering services, an outdoor space, and a dance floor. It will make your corporate event the one people can’t stop talking about.
THE WINDSOR AT HEBRON PARK
A chapel creates a unique sensory experience. The Windsor at Hebron Park achieves this with soaring ceilings, embellished details, and a balance of reverence and charm. It’s easily accessible with plenty of parking and room for 300 guests. This is a memory-making venue that’s perfect for retreats, celebrations, charity events, and philanthropic events. CN Catering offers several services to customize your event at The Windsor at Hebron Park.
HOWELL AND DRAGON
Howell and Dragon is the ideal space for increasing your brand’s visibility. The white brick ballroom and optimal lighting provide the perfect backdrop for photos and videos. Expect your event to become a trending topic. This is a space that makes guests feel relevant and inspired. The trendy atmosphere is perfect for networking, meetups, team building, and fundraising. At Howell and Dragon, you won’t lift a finger. The team is known for top-notch catering and event services in Texas.
CHOOSE YOUR CATERING PROVIDER EARLY
Book your caterer early to secure one who will elevate your event. You want guests remarking on the signature cocktails, not the cold entrees. CN Catering is the go-to team in Dallas for a seamless event. We offer a wide range of menus and a level of service that’s unparalleled. Contact us to discuss your catering options.
TYPES OF MENUS
- BREAKFAST: Options include continental-style breakfasts, plated brunches, buffet stations, and more. This is a great choice for large, multi-generational groups and casual, team-building events. It’s also easy to customize for dietary restrictions.
- LUNCH: Lunch events provide a lighthearted break from the workday. Themes work well for lunch gatherings since the menu is often less formal. Lunch events are perfect for showers, team-building, and networking informally with peers.
- FORMAL DINNER: A formal dinner is a versatile canvas. It can be a black-tie corporate affair or a philanthropic event. When you book a venue in the evening, you might get a longer reservation, allowing for the inclusion of features like dancing, charity auctions, and audio-visual presentations.
- BUFFET: Buffets are a great way to enhance connection. They encourage people to move around the room and socialize beyond their table. Choose a buffet for events where networking, fundraising, and community engagement are on your agenda.
- BAR: A full bar is most appreciated by guests since everyone has their favorite libation. Adding a signature cocktail and cocktail napkins with logos will make your event’s purpose memorable.
- COFFEE AND TEA: Serve coffee and tea at every event. Include decaf and caffeinated coffee, and sweet and unsweet tea to accommodate everyone. Don’t forget dairy-free creamers and consider a special touch like sugar cubes.
- WINE: Wine elevates any event. Ask your caterer for wine suggestions that please a crowd without breaking your budget. Include a red and white option. For morning events, a rose or prosecco is lovely.
- BEER: Craft beer has a following whose taste is as refined as wine connoisseurs. Determine whether your guests would prefer beer from the local brewery or the standard brands that everyone knows. Your caterer can help you decide.
OTHER VENUE-RELATED SERVICES TO PLAN FOR
The venue and catering menu provide a framework. But what else will make your event unique? Personal touches add the necessary magic that makes an event stand out. Ask your venue for tips to set your event apart. Here are some of the most popular services to consider adding to your event:
- Photo Booths
- Special Lighting
- Valet Parking
- Color-Themed Linens
CHOOSING YOUR DATE
In order to book one of the top private event venues in Dallas, you might need to be flexible on your date. Keep in mind that the event’s success and wow factor are more important than the actual date. Have your budget and headcount determined before looking at venues, so you can book quickly if there’s an opening.
WHAT TO HOST AT THE TOP PRIVATE EVENT VENUES IN DALLAS
Careers and social interactions have become increasingly digital. Create an occasion for your colleagues or friends to connect on a personal level and your event will be memorable. Here are some occasions that call for a private event:
Team-building, networking, fundraising, and retreats are always wise investments. Employees are happiest at companies where they feel appreciated, so host an event to celebrate their efforts. Corporate events are also opportunities to invite the community to learn about what you do.
EXECUTIVE TRAINING & WORKSHOPS
Training and workshops don’t have to be dull. Host them in a gorgeous event space with delicious catering and fun incentives. Your employees will appreciate the gesture, reinforcing their loyalty to your team.
People are more likely to invest in something they feel good about. They want a cause they can believe in, and they want to know they’ve made a difference. Host a fundraising event to show appreciation for their contributions and provide evidence of its impact.
CN Catering believes there are many moments beyond weddings that deserve a reception. Host one for an adoption, birth, graduation, first job, college acceptance, anniversary, baptism, christening, Quinceañera, or Sweet 16. Life is worth celebrating, and everyone wants to be invited to a party!
EXECUTIVE AND LAW FIRM PROMOTIONS
A promotion is a hard-earned accomplishment. Celebrate it with those who know how hard you work. Promotion events are a great opportunity for themes that poke good-natured fun at the honoree.
Whether you’re in a middle school production or a Broadway show, a cast has a special spark of enthusiasm. Cast parties are a great opportunity to celebrate with a theme and SWAG that commemorates your performance.
Weddings are amazing, but engagement is worth commemorating too! Hosting an engagement party provides an opportunity to socialize with a more intimate group than your wedding guests. You can include fun games and activities, and even a themed dress code.
RECEPTIONS FOR DIGNITARIES OR PUBLIC FIGURES
Are you hosting an event for a celebrity or politician? A reception for a public figure or dignitary needs to run smoothly, not just for your peace of mind, but also for the public perception of the event. Choose from among the top private event venues in Dallas. They will take your event to the next level.
PR events are a great way to shed light on your organization and any causes you support. Your job is to mingle, so choose a venue that handles the rest. Having an experienced team in place will ensure things run smoothly, so your company shines.
What’s more fun than a baby shower? They’re full of cuteness and anticipation! The top private event venues in Dallas can curate the baby shower of your dreams. Modern elegance, rustic charm, or sparkling opulence… there are endless possibilities.
This list wouldn’t be complete without weddings. Is there anything more deserving of a celebration? When you book one of the top private event venues in Dallas, you’ll get access to the best event planners in the business. They’ll make sure your wedding reception is as unique as you are.
WHO TO CONTACT ABOUT TOP PRIVATE EVENT VENUES IN DALLAS
Reach out to the venues directly or contact CN Catering to plan your private event. Our experts have everything you need to host a stunning event. Ask us for ideas on catering, venue set-up and design, SWAG, themes, and décor that will wow your guests. Our staff is passionate about producing events that exceed expectations.